HISTORY OF COLLISON-GOLL

The history of Collison-Goll dates back 70 years. Founded by partners Harvey Collison and Oliver Goll in 1946, it began as a humble screw machine shop operating out of the garage of a house in the west end of Toronto. From the beginning, Harvey and Oliver considered providing excellent customer service as a critical aspect of their business. Both men treated employees with respect and placed importance on sharing their knowledge and profits as the business grew. Frustrated by the lack of spare parts for their machines, Harvey and Oliver began stocking replacement parts and became distributors for CVA, BSA and Brown and Sharpe.

In 1959, they decided to separate into two complementary businesses. One company, Collison-Goll Limited would focus on manufacturing machined products and the other company, Screw Machine Services (now known as SMS Machine Tools), would sell and service screw machines. Being the sister company of a machine distributor allowed Collison-Goll to remain on the leading edge of technology. In fact, Collison-Goll was the first company in Canada to have a 5-spindle Davenport machine.

In 1985, Harvey and Oliver sold the company to Harvey's two sons and two others. The company carried on with the same values and principles established by the founders and continued to expand, adding 6-spindle automatic screw machines. The automotive market soon became the primary market serviced by Collison-Goll. Continuing to lead, Collison-Goll became one of the first screw machine companies in Canada to obtain its ISO certification then QS9000. The company grew from 20 employees to over 70 employees during the next 15 years.

In 2003 the company elected a new President, Doug Buckerfield. Having been a key member of the management team for 18 years, Doug was well acquainted with the principles that had earned Collison-Goll a reputation for value, service, quality and responsiveness. The company's focus turned to providing customers with a complete range of services. To do this, the company invested heavily in CNC machines allowing Collison-Goll to produce prototypes, samples and high precision complex parts, complementing our high volume production machines.

In 2005 the company became one of the first machine shops in Canada to obtain TS16949 certification.

In 2014, the President, Quality Manager, Dave Oliver and CNC production manager, Ken Jewer purchased Collison-Goll. With 63 years of combined experience at Collison-Goll, the transition was seamless.

In 2015 the company added a Traub and two Hydromats to its machining base. To further expand the company's machining capabilities and capacity, the owners also purchased a majority shareholding in a CNC company that specializes in parts that require complex milling.

Thank you for contacting us.
We will get back to you within 24 hours